Removing musty odor

I have a one-room building out back that's been closed up for a long time and has taken on that characeristic musty odor that storage facilities sometimes get. I've tried a window fan, but as soon as the fan gets turned off, the odor is back.
Would one of those ionic air cleaners solve the problem?
Thanks.
what is in there?
--

"BZ" < snipped-for-privacy@spam.can> wrote in message
news:45bbb386$0$4908$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
readandpostrosie wrote:

Mostly books, also some Little Tikes plastic toys and some athletic equipment. It was shut up for over a year with a couch in it, and that's when the odor started.

Maybe. Charcoal briquettes might be worth a try. I have friends who have used this method and swear by it ... never tried it myself. Not sure what they do ... absorb the odor?
BZ wrote:

Call a fire or mold restoration outfit. They have industrial ozone machines that should take care of it. They also can take a look around and may spot a problem that you have missed.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit