Removing excess "Great Stuff" from tile.

I got a little crazy with the "Great Stuff" expanding foam, and a bunch ended up on the tile.
It wiped it when it was still fresh, but a thick film still dried on the tile.
The website advised "petrolium" based cleaners. Like what for example?
And would that be harmful to tile?

"Mechanical removal" is usually what I've seen as suggested for the foams. Can't you just scrape it with a window scraper then one of those green scrubber things for any residual? If it's on the grout, that's gonna be a challenge.
On 5/4/2008 5:27 PM Bill spake thus:

Petroleum-based solvents include naphtha (lighter fluid), paint thinner, gas, etc. My preference in general is naphtha, which is pretty mild and safe (assuming reasonable precautions about adequate ventilation, etc.). Obtainable as ordinary charcoal starter fluid. Gas (gasoline or petrol) is nasty stuff, but it'll work too; just avoid getting it on your hands and breating the fumes.
None of these will harm tile, which is pretty much impervious to anything but really strong acids (think glass, which is basically what glaze is).
conversation with the average voter.

WD-40 on a cloth, or any other penatrating oil from the hardware....;-)
On 5/4/2008 5:39 PM alt.autos spake thus:

That'll work, but a lot slower than what I suggested. Use a real solvent, not a lubricant.
conversation with the average voter.

Except that WD-40 is NOT a lubricant.
--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80 /

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
On 5/4/2008 6:50 PM Calab spake thus:

Yeah, yeah, I know all about that. Not enough room here for a sub-thread on that topic. Been covered ad nauseam all over the internet.
Let's just say that it at least plays one on TV.
conversation with the average voter.

Billy Mays could cinvince you it's a good acid reflux remedy.

Have you tried a razor blade? First I'd try 91% alcohol. Then I would try a rag lightly dampened with kerosene. Both of these solvents are not harmful to tile nor skin.

Hardly anything will harm the tile, so why not go after it with one of the hairier paint removers on the market? With a common sense approach, of course, HTH
Joe
replying to Bill, Some girl who likes to do it herself wrote:

Hi strangers,
Same problem occurred to me, nothing was working, gasoline, acetone, alcohol, vaseline, everything I could get my hands on. I doubt you'll find a tough enough household scrubber.
Then I tried elbow grease and a pumice stone. My tile is white again :) Of all the things... Try it. You may have to visit the beauty aisle of your local pharmacy, try around the pedicure stuff or bath products. Sorry guys, I know this may bring great shame to a handyman. Haha...
Oren posted for all of us...

So you want a little "trim"?
--
Tekkie