Removing Dishwasher...

i have to call in a handyman to remove a built in dishwasher. would you have any idea how long this may take to do.also how long would it take to install a new one..ie plumbing...
its just that i work odd hours and he is available only evenings through the week Yes i could call him and ask him i know but i would rather ask you people instead.
Thanks in advance

When I bought a new DW a month or so ago, the dealer charge me $85 to removed the old one and haul it away, install the new one. They sent two guys and it took them about 2 hours. IIRC, Sears charges about $100 to install a new one if there was an old one in place.
thanks for your time :)
Daisy Pane wrote:

Removing a built in dishwasher is usually quite easy. If the dishwasher that is being removed is very old requiring the handyman to extend water/electrical connections it could take another hour or two. I did it myself in under an hour no problem.
thanks for yoour time :)
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:20:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Daisy Pane) wrote:

If everything goes well about an hour. Maybe two.
Steve B.
thanks steve
@webtv.net says...

When we had ours replaced a couple years ago, it took one tech about 30 minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. He did a good job; it was easy work. Or at least, he made it look easy.
Marc
thanks marc :)