Removing cast iron pipe gasket

I have a cast iron sewer pipe riser that is 4". the top of it is a hub, inside the hub is a rubberised gasket (I think some calls it a donut). Inserted into this donut is a metal cylinder adapter with threads on the inside where the brass cleanout plug screws on to. The plug and the threads are all corroded and gone, I cut the plug out and now I am trying to pull off this metal cylinder and the donut but the donut won't come out. I cursed and cursed and pryed and pulled and it just won't let go.
Any ideas?
MC

You are going to have to cut the sleeve with you favorite tool of destruction.
Jimmie
mfrencher had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Removing-cast-iron-pipe-gasket-394129-.htm :
JIMMIE wrote:

------------------------------------- Marco If your just replacing the clean out cap I would cut the 4" line below the hub bell. Cast iron does not cut easy with about any kind of saw blades. I use a chain cutter also called a snap cutter to do it very easy. Last resort is a grinder with a cut off wheel but wear a mask and eye protection. Snap cutter is best call around and barrow or rent one. Recconect pipe fittings with a no hub coupler (any home store) and ABS parts.
Torch and a gas mask

On 9/11/2009 6:45 PM MiamiCuse spake thus:

You didn't curse enough.

Easy as can be with a slide hammer and a 3 prong hook adapter. Borrow what you need from your favorite auto shop or look over the adapters at a tool rental place that has the slide hammer. Mechanics have used slide hammers for years to pull axles and brake drums. To see what the tool looks like, check out the Matco or SnapOn web sites. OTC is another company that makes them. If this seems like too much trouble, simply drill a series of overlapping holes in the Fernco rubber and slice the metal cylinder with your SawzAll and in due time it will give up. The rubber needs a very sharp drill to be effective.
Joe
Joe

Be careful with the slide hammer that you dont pull something apart you dont want to. The next joint may give way first!!!
Jimmie