Removing a polish smell

Need to remove a polish smell thats inside the neighbours recently purchased one year old Citroen.
There is a sickly smell that one of the children especially finds very unpleasant. It's very subtle and difficult to locate exactly and we suspect it might be an interior cleaner or polish thats been used.
Is there some solution that we can make up to wipe over all the surfaces to see if it removes the smell. It obviously wouldn't want to be something that might adversely affect the plastic and the seats. Thanks.

Mix a 20/80 spray of distilled white vinegar/distilled water and wipe down the plastic surfaces. You can use this solution in a hand-held carpet shampoo machine (use one that can extract water) for upholstry and fabrics. Place the vehicle in full sun for several hours with all windows rolled down. Not sure if the Citroen has a trunk or not, but clean and air-out that too.