Remote smoke detector

My bedroom is upstairs and across the house from where the woodstove keeps my garage warm. I can't believe there's not a simple solution to this, besides hard-wiring interconnected detectors to alert me at that distance, which I will do as a last resort. Has no one come up with a battery-operated detector that could transmit a signal to a remote monitor. Right now I use a Baby Monitor but it picks up every fan noise etc in the shop and when the air compressor turns on, forget it!! Maybe I haven't "Googled" for the right thing yet.
--
Griff - Whose clear conscience is undoubtedly the sign of failing memory.

Ted Griffin wrote:

Try "wireless smoke alarm" or to be brand specific "kiddie wireless smoke alarm".
I have not idea what the range is on these things or how reliable they are.

google for "wireless fire alarm"

Well that sure does it. Just what I was looking for and too ignorant to find it. Just ordered 3!! THANKS!!!
--
Griff - Whose clear conscience is undoubtedly the sign of failing memory.
http://members.tripod.com/tedgriffin/home.htm