Relocating burner and boiler in a home remodeling project.

I am doing some remodeling work at my house and I want to move the burner and boiler to a new location. What needs to be done in order to

drain all the water out of the system. i noticed there are some valves

located on the bottom of the boiler. Do these valves drain all the water in the system? Is there a sequence that needs to be done? Any info that anyone can provide would be great, if not I will be flying by

the seat of my pants. Just making it up as I go along. Thanks, Jim

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Jan 29, 11:17 pm show options

how old is it? might be better to install a new high efficency unit? how does your present one vent?

Bob Jan 30, 6:57 am show options

Is the heating system above or below the boiler?

The heater is only 5 yrs old. I can solder the joints myself, just not

really sure how to drain all the pipes. And how do you know that the pipes, and boiler is empty? That is my only stumbling block. On the bottom of the boiler there is a connection to hook up a hose to, and also one on the pipes that connects to the baseboard. I was just going

to hook hoses up to these spigots and see what comes out. What do you think?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Jan 30, 9:23 pm show options The boiler itself is slightly above the heating system. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jmmybear730

Cant be done, Jim. You will need to replace the boiler. That is the only way. Bubb

Reply to
Bubba