Reliance Sta Kleen 502

I have a 50 gallon Reliance Sta Kleen 502 electric water heater. It is not heating up the water. I have tried to find a manual online -- to no avail. Can anyone make a suggestion. I'm not sure how old it is. I just bought this house last year.

Check and see if the breaker is on. If it is, you'll need to remove the cover and start troubleshooting. 240 volts in there. Are you up to it?
Al

Hi Al,
Although I hate to admit to a lack of knowledge, as a female, what you are suggesting is beyond my comprehension. Could you break this down a little for me?
Almy

Al,
By the way, the breaker switch is in the on position.
Almy
On 6 Feb 2007 20:22:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

You need a volt/ohm meter. $4.95 at harbor freight. Check for 220 volts on the elements with power on and thermostat set to maximum and if present then remove power and check for resistance of elements. Each element should show less than 20 ohms.