refrigerator Very noisy

My refrigerator makes an obnoxious buzzing sound every so often. Is this repairable, or should I put it out to pasture?
B wrote:

Taking into account the tremendous detail of this post I would say pasture it.
Peter H

Or better yet: Ultra Pasteurize it.
Peter H wrote:

Maybe if you told us make model age, any additional detail about the actual noise (time of day, better description, is it always the same, does it start slow and get louder etc.) and when this may have started, maybe we would have a better chance of coming up with the right answer. As for now I agree with the possibility of a fan or evaporation tray issue.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

The water collection tray is off-centered or maybe the fan blades are rubbing against stalactites.

Defrost timer
I was also thinking def timer. Some of those make some incredible awful noises. Call an appliance guy, and have him out. Should be something fairly easy to fix.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus