Refrigerator Malfunctioning

Page 2 of 2

The repairman was willing to come out and take a look for $60. He wasn't pushy. He said a bad compressor was the worst-case scenario. It could easily have been a simpler problem, but my wife decided it was time for a new refrigerator. The new 3-door model puts all the food at eye level, which will be great.
Scott

I'm sure you'll do better energy-wise with the replacement, regardless of what was wrong with the old one. If you have Consumers Energy utilities, by any chance, they will also give you a rebate for getting rid of the old one. Check online for the info. You'll also love the bottom freezer, in my opinion. I have the LG 2-door bottom freezer, and it's great...but, just to keep this from being all sunshine and flowers, a few days after the warranty expired, the cold control went out, creating exactly the same problem you had with your old one, even down to being able to turn it off/on to goose it back into working for a few days. LG were jerks to deal with to get the part, although fortunately it wasn't expensive ($20).
Jo Ann

Typical women I have one of those too.
The new 3-door model puts all the food at eye level, which

What's the trade in value on women? Can you upgrade to woman 2.1 that cleans fish, and encourages you to go hunting, too? With my luck, I'd get woman 2.1.1 with the buggy software, that burns the toast every morning.
"I think I better think it out again."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sorry Guys, I'm already taken. Raising the next in series but you'll have to wait awhile. ;-)
cshenk wrote:

I don't know, the newer models seem to be dumbed down but I could swear they're more complicated. They can malfunction at any time and for no apparent reason. Or is that "parent" reason?
TDD
"The Daring Dufas" wrote

Hehe well the newer model being developed encourages you to go out to the local watering hole at least once a week so she can have the TV all to herself. Have to work on a few programming aspects though as she seems to expect all laundry and ironing to be done by the male version and for them to do at least 1/2 the cooking, notably, all breakfast fixings. Will however happily eat up all last night's leftover pizza for breakfast without complaining.
Has two new elements vs older versions. Considers frugality/freecyle a normal thing and would be happy for cast off fridge, and able to live well within a budget or get job to increase budget if too slim.
I have hopes for the new version doing well on the market once final tweaks are in place.
cshenk wrote:

Heck, all the older models in my age group quit laying eggs about a decade ago but they still go through periods of insanity. It's just not as predictable as it used to be. Some of them are suck on crazy. 8-)
TDD
Scott wrote:

You're married to my wife too?

Our Sears Kenmore fridge, is well in excess of 30 years old. The only technical problem, except for some wires to an unnecessary 'Butter Keeper' in the door, that got wet and which we then cut clear and insulated back, was the defrost timer some 20 years ago. Also a plastic shelf cracked due to too much turkey weight! Replaced with a piece of plywood some 15 yo 20 years ago; still works fine.

Oh; btw if you are in a climate zone where heating is required most of the year (say 8 to 9 months) any 'wasted electrical energy' from a newer fridge will help heat the house! Since we use hydro generated electricity here it doesn't matter whether house warmth comes from an electric heater or a less than efficient appliance?
My Grandfather which pass way before I was born I was told that he would say turn them upside down they all look same Ha hahehe

Grumpy wrote:

Like my Negro friend said "Dey is all pink inside" *snicker*
TDD

Update:
Sears delivered the new refrigerator on time. All is well!
Scott