Refrigerator Malfunctioning

Typical women I have one of those too.

The new 3-door model puts all the food at eye level, which

Reply to
Grunpy

$800.00 is for 30 lb. your refrigerator as most may take one lb. Refrigerant and filter dryer $60.00 should cover it. However everybody to his own!

Reply to
Grunpy

You're married to my wife too?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What's the trade in value on women? Can you upgrade to woman

2.1 that cleans fish, and encourages you to go hunting, too? With my luck, I'd get woman 2.1.1 with the buggy software, that burns the toast every morning.

"I think I better think it out again."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Typical household fridge from that age, contains about 6.25 ounces or so of R-12. If it's leaky, the fridge runs all the time but never quite gets cold. I've been known to top them off, juice in enough to get it good and cold. The old style gas and go. Don't bother with the dryer unless you open the system for a while. Piercing valve, gas and go, and we're happy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Sorry Guys, I'm already taken. Raising the next in series but you'll have to wait awhile. ;-)

Reply to
cshenk

Our Sears Kenmore fridge, is well in excess of 30 years old. The only technical problem, except for some wires to an unnecessary 'Butter Keeper' in the door, that got wet and which we then cut clear and insulated back, was the defrost timer some 20 years ago. Also a plastic shelf cracked due to too much turkey weight! Replaced with a piece of plywood some 15 yo 20 years ago; still works fine.

Reply to
terry

Oh; btw if you are in a climate zone where heating is required most of the year (say 8 to 9 months) any 'wasted electrical energy' from a newer fridge will help heat the house! Since we use hydro generated electricity here it doesn't matter whether house warmth comes from an electric heater or a less than efficient appliance?

Reply to
terry

I don't know, the newer models seem to be dumbed down but I could swear they're more complicated. They can malfunction at any time and for no apparent reason. Or is that "parent" reason?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hehe well the newer model being developed encourages you to go out to the local watering hole at least once a week so she can have the TV all to herself. Have to work on a few programming aspects though as she seems to expect all laundry and ironing to be done by the male version and for them to do at least 1/2 the cooking, notably, all breakfast fixings. Will however happily eat up all last night's leftover pizza for breakfast without complaining.

Has two new elements vs older versions. Considers frugality/freecyle a normal thing and would be happy for cast off fridge, and able to live well within a budget or get job to increase budget if too slim.

I have hopes for the new version doing well on the market once final tweaks are in place.

Reply to
cshenk

Heck, all the older models in my age group quit laying eggs about a decade ago but they still go through periods of insanity. It's just not as predictable as it used to be. Some of them are suck on crazy.

8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Reply to
Grumpy

Like my Negro friend said "Dey is all pink inside" *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Update:

Sears delivered the new refrigerator on time. All is well!

Scott

Reply to
Scott