Refrigerator Center very very hot??

I have a double door 15 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator. It has double doors. When I open the double doors the center strip in front is very hot. And I mean very hot. I am concerned about this. I have called for repair but while waiting for someone to call back(if they even will) I am not sure what to do. I would not want ot have a fire or something. Plus if this a an expensive repair problem I probably should just get another fridge. I have no clue what would be making that area hot.Maybe aomeone here might be able to give me a clue about this. Thanks.
Called a "stile heater" if memory serves. Designed to keep the edge dry, and reduce condensation. A power feature on some finer refrigerators.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

from sweating in a humid air space. On a lot of refrigerators there is a switch inside the refrigerator that you can turn off. If that does not stop it you better get someone to check it out. - udarrell
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

This happens to my double door refrigerator when too much ice builds up behind the back panel in the freezer. I empty the freezer into an ice chest, unplug the refrigerator, then remove the panel inside the back of the freezer. A hair dryer helps me melt the freezer ice quickly. My freezer seems to need this about once every 4 years. If ice builds up quickly, you probably have a problem that requires parts.
--Betsy
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Hi,
Might help... http://www.applianceaid.com/yoderloop.html
Thanks eveyone. I am going to replace the fridge. After these posts it looks like what I should do. Cleaned underneath but didn't help the mullion heater at all. Appliance repairman never showed up or called back so maybe they didn't want to do the job either. Thyanks again.