Refrigator water intake tube repair

My fridge is leaking water as it takes water for the icebox machine. I've located the problem and it is a hair-thin hole on a plastic water intake tube. It leaks only when the icebox is taking water - not all the time. I don't want to replace the tube. What could I use for repairs to plug the hole?
Duct tape electrical tape heat shrink tubing
My fridge is leaking water as it takes water for the icebox machine. I've located the problem and it is a hair-thin hole on a plastic water intake tube. It leaks only when the icebox is taking water - not all the time. I don't want to replace the tube. What could I use for repairs to plug the hole?

check with your local small guy hardware store. I bet they have some kinda of glue or such for this.

I'd probably try crazy glue. I just used that on a small plastic vacuum hose on my car. In my case, it's just temporary because the location is subject to some stress and vibration. But in a fridge, it would probably last forever.

You might want to consider using FDA approved glue for use around food.
There's an RTV high temp product someone recommended here that cost about $10 for a caulking tube. smells like vinegar and works!
Don't be skimpy applying it, I think surfaces have to be dry and cure 24 hours, but after that the stuff is great.
What she's describing, a crack in a fill tube. If the crack is sealed, the contact with glue will be very minimal. And for almost zero time.
That whitish polyethlene isn't likely to stick with any kind of glue. Which is why I suggested what I did.

You might want to consider using FDA approved glue for use around food.
There's an RTV high temp product someone recommended here that cost about $10 for a caulking tube. smells like vinegar and works!
Don't be skimpy applying it, I think surfaces have to be dry and cure 24 hours, but after that the stuff is great.
Using easily available things. For example, the cracked tube on my sprayer got repaired with gorilla tape. Available, and works.
The intake tube is low pressure, and brief contact with water.
Why try solutions that were never meant to be water tight when there are many water tight solutions readily available?
I'm practicing for when Obama care comes into full force. I'll also be doing my own cardiac surgery with duct tape for the chest crack, and gorilla tape for aneurysms.

choose not to.

In any case, before any glue is attached, shut icemaker OFF. Silicon I is likely to stick to poly as good as anything. Clean tubing before use. I don't know how plumbers goop would stick to poly. Silicon ii is not vinegary. Goop takes forever in freezing conditions. I don't know how any fix is going to work unless you keep it at room temp. Where is the leak ??
Greg

Dow Corning Silicone Adhesive 732 is listed as drinking water safe:
732 MultipurposeFor sealing, bonding, and gasketing. Bonds metal, plastic, ceramic, glass, natural and synthetic fiber, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, and wood. Can be used on overhead and vertical surfaces. Begins to harden in 20 minutes. Temperature range is -76 to +356 F for aluminum, clear, and white; -76 to +400 F for black. All meet MIL-A-46106B. FDA and USDA compliant. NSF 51 certified and NSF 61 certified for use with food equipment and drinking water systems. UL recognized.
I love this stuff.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#dow-corning-adhesives/sealants/=hcypmw
McMaster Carr also has a number of other sealants that might work for you.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#sealants/=hcype3

No. I'll ask at the store about other solutions suggested in other posts. Thank everyone for you time.

Well..... I would replace the tube. The stuff is cheap and the fittings are simple. This is a 50-60 psi house pressure line and a minor drip can turn into a spray overnight.
RonB
Since it leaks only when the ice is taking water, sounds like the no pressure line up the back of the fridge.