a supply of fresh air, a high speed exhaust fan after you apply bleach
and water to kill the mold .
then apply this:
"If there is mold growth in your home, you should clean up the mold and
fix any water problem, such as leaks in roofs, walls, or plumbing.
Controlling moisture in your home is the most critical factor for
preventing mold growth.
To remove mold growth from hard surfaces use commercial products, soap
and water, or a bleach solution of 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of
water. Use a stiff brush on rough surface materials such as concrete.
If you choose to use bleach to remove mold:
Never mix bleach with ammonia. Mixing bleach and ammonia can produce
dangerous, toxic fumes.
Open windows and doors to provide fresh air.
Wear non-porous gloves and protective eye wear.
If the area to be cleaned is more than 10 square feet, consult the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guide titled Mold Remediation in
Schools and Commercial Buildings . Although focused on schools and
commercial buildings, this document also applies to other building
types. You can get it free by calling the EPA Indoor Air Quality
Information Clearinghouse at (800) 438-4318, or by going to the EPA web
site at http://www.epa.gov/mold/mold_remediation.html
Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using bleach or any
other cleaning product.
More information on personal safety while cleaning up after a natural
disaster is available at www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/workers.asp .
If you plan to be inside the building for a while or you plan to clean
up mold, you should buy an N95 mask at your local home supply store and
wear it while in the building. Make certain that you follow
instructions on the package for fitting the mask tightly to your face.
If you go back into the building for a short time and are not cleaning
up mold, you do not need to wear an N95 mask. "