Rear projection TV repair

O > Is anyone familiar with rear projection TVs and their repair? My O > Pioneer 52" TV has large blue and yellow "ghosts" to the right of O > objects on the screen. These aren't just little ghosts, but appear O > quite a distance from the object. O > O > Is this symptomatic of the blue/yellow gun being significantly out of
There is a blue gun but no yellow gun -- that colour is from combining other colours. If convergence isn't the problem I'd check for input signal problems. Ghosting can come from the multiple signals being received (one image direct from the transmitter, second signal received a split-second later 'bounced' off a skyscraper). Check the antenna input with another "known good" TV -- could be the coax is damaged.
- » barry.martin■AT■ «
* Found a cure for manic depression. I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971