Real wood floors vs. pre-fabricated wood planks

Which is better in your opinion? The real wood installed floors are finished on site and seem to have no lines/cracks. The planks leave lines/cracks between the planks and from what I've seen can bubble a bit in dry climates. They seem to have a better finish to them though and resist scratching less. The real wood apparently scratches easier. Just wondering what your experiences are.
Thank You
Judd wrote:

Depends on where you are putting it. Some places, such as a concrete slab. will not allow for real wood. If you can use it, that would be my first choice. I have engineered wood on my floors on the lower level that are on a slab. While I do like them, I'd go for wood in a second if I could. Many varieties are available.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net