re-wiring alarm for new windows

I am having my aluminum slider windows replaced with vinyl double hungs. Currently my alarm wiring comes out at the bottom of the window sill. There are 2 seperate wires. 1 for a magnet in the middle, and 1 for a pull apart at the side of the window. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to re-wire the window for a double hung application. I have the wire and magnets. I figure it would be easier to do while the window is out. My windows are recessed about 4 inches inside the wall, so there are no moldings on the top and sides, just a sill. Any input appreciated.

Reply to
Mikepier

Run your wire to come out on the bottom corner of the frame. Leave enough wire to mount the contact of the frame. Put the magnet on the window sash. If your really worried about security you might want to wire another contact is series and pout another contact on the top sash too. When mounting the magnet, use a dab of silicone adhesive. Screws are notoriously bad for coming loose in vinyl.

Reply to
akter61

If you are using surface mount switch's you might try something like these.

Much nicer look.

Ivan

Reply to
ivan