re-roofing question

New shingles were installed yesterday, but the roofers didn't shingle over roof vent flashings in a couple of spots. They left one side unshingled. On the other vents, there're shingles all around. Actually what it looks like they did was to shingle underneath the flashing, which wasn't done on the flashings that are covered. Does this make any difference?
Something else they did that looks a bit out of the ordinary if I am able to describe it. When they shingled a valley they cut the shingles straight down the center of the valley (the top shingles anyway - I assume there are shingles beneath that they overlap). The shingles don't "span" from one side of the valley to the other, overlapping as they go up. That's how the old roof was done. I'm concerned that water will have a greater chance of settling in what is now a well defined straight edge. If I've described this well enough to be understood, does this way of doing it sound OK?
Thanks for any input.

If you can, get a photo and post it up on a free image hosting service and post the url here. This way you can get the best reply you can get for your questions.
hth,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

The low side of the flashing shouldnt be shingled over. If they used some kind of "valley tin" this sounds about right.
Jimmie D wrote:

Yes a valley tin flashing was used. And it is the low side of the vent flashing that has been left un-shingled on 2 of the vents, but the other two are shingled over. Is it necessary to get them back to remove or redo the shingles in those two cases?
Thanks very much for the help....