ratings of fuel stabilizers

Are there any published ratings of fuel stablizers & ethanol remedy products other than the ones that tout certain products?

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Not easy to figure out and all contain proprietary ingredients.

Saw this at one site:

Presence of ethanol complicates the product as it adds a separation problem. Otherwise I would expect antioxidants and metal sequestering agents to be the main ingredients.

Reply to
Frank

BHT is a very common component of many "fuel stabilizers" in the past.

Reply to
clare

The good news: If e10 gasoline is stored in an ***totally air-tight*** can it will stay fresh for at least a year.

The bad news: Those crappy plastic gas cans they sell at Walfart are prolly not air-tight.

I've had good luck with this brand:

Ben Berndt

Per Ben Berndt:

Looks like a very functional nozzle.

I am using these things:

with this nozzle:

$28 + $45 = $73... about the same price. My nozzle is "OK", but your nozzle looks superior.

A better nozzle for mine (that I was unaware of when I ordered my cans) looks to be:

but now the price is twelve bucks more...

The good part, though, is that with mine the nozzle is not bundled. I can have five cans at $45 each and one more nozzle that looks as functional as yours at $40...

OTOH, I would also give yours more points for ergonomics when pouring. Not a lot of points, but some....

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)