range hoods

I have noticed that the upper priced range hoods give you the option of venting or non-venting installation. It is a replacement I need so ductwork to the outside is already in place but the thought of non-venting is interesting. Any thoughts on how good/bad they are and other advantages/disadvantages would be appreciated.
Thanks
Edee Em I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....
edee em wrote:

The www is loaded with opinions and reviews. http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Consumer_Information/Appliances/Range_Hoods /
Venting outside is better all the smoke and smell go outside

The only disadvantage I see with the non-vented is that they don't remove the heat from the stove - they pump it right back into the kitchen.

When I went house shopping, I found one that suited most of my needs. Then, I found out the range hood did not vent to the outside and backed off on a bid. Eventually everyone who cooks will burn something. If you have a gas stove, venting to the outside is a must.
Frankly most of the cheap ones I have seen also have the option.
Take a look at the "Quiet Stove Hood" thread for some comments.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math