Rain Dial RD600..shorting?

Strange behavior with this RD600 sprinkler timer. I have 3 programs set ( 3 separate valves), Those programs functions and the zones get watered as scheduled. BUT if I try to manually run a valve... choose valve, +/- to determine time, push "manual" to start, the display flickers for a moment then shows a flashing "OFF"...this indicates a short, but since the zones/valves function from the programming I am not sure what could be happening.

I redid all electrical connections ay the solenoids and used moisture proof wire nuts. Same result. Any thoughts?

Sidenote: With this units...if "skip days" is set to 1, does that mean it skips one day , the manual reads to make it sound like it will water every "one" day...I suppose I could just set it and see when it waters..

Reply to
wat?

I have a RainDial, but diff model. When you attempt to start it manually is the main switch in the "run" position? On mine, if the main switch is in the"off"position, it will not run at all. But it also has never flashed anything.

Since it works fine in auto mode, I think you can rule out anything to do with wire nuts, connections, etc. It would seem that something would have to be wrong with the controller itself. Like when you push the "manual" button it creates some kind of internal short. Time to call the manufacturer.

Yes, 1 means water it every day. If it didn't, you could never set it to water each day in skip mode.

Reply to
trader4