Rain Bird Maxi Paws

I have several of these. I put them on, and they won't rotate. Is there a trick to washing them out, or getting them to work properly. All parts seem to be there, but it seems they turn hard, and don't go back and forth. They look a little difficult to disassemble with the strong springs, etc, but I think I could figure them out. Is that the key, to disassemble and clean?
Steve
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

http://www.evergreensprinklers.com/store/product.php?productid 716