Radient Barrier Decking..

I live in west Texas. It is very hot here in the Summer and Summer goes from May to October or longer.
I'm going to have my roof replaced and I've been told I should use Radiant Barrier Decking because it will keep my attic cooler.
My question is: Is Radiant Barrier Decking worth the minor added expense? One roofer says it is and one roofer says it isn't. From what I've read, it is.
By the time the roof is done,I should have enough roof and will add enough soffit vents to ventilate the attic so I'm only concerned about the decking.
--
JD..

Everything I've seen says a radiant barrier is effective in reducing attic heat and worth the small amount of money.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in what I've read.
--
JD..

I don't have it, wish I did. A friend had it installed and said it made quite a difference and certainly thought it worthwhile.
One thing I would do is put in a ridge vent though.
Bob-tx
Bob wrote:

Thats the kind of vent the roofer is installing.
--
JD..

JD wrote:

I live in Austin, and I believe the radiant barrier I installed has made a significant difference in my AC bills.
CJT wrote:

Austin gets as hot as it does here in Midland. Radiant barrier decking it is! Thanks!
--
JD..