Radial Arm Table

Page 2 of 2

On 8/24/2010 8:23 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:

I built a platform below the work bench at a little over the height of the RAS. Then I set the final height of the saw table by using washers around the mounting bolts. Another, and more elegant way is to set the platform low enough that you can fasten some long bolts up through it and through the mounting holes. Then you lock down some nuts to hold the bolts. Then another set of nuts on the bolt, under the table bottom. That way you can get a fine adjustment of the height of the table by turning the nuts. Then a set of lock nuts on top of the table mounting bracket and you are all done. Of course you also need appropriate washers.
Bill
Bill Gill wrote: ...

Indeed, again. I used 5/16x1-1/4x1-1/4 angle for the supporting structure and 3/8 bolts through for height adjustment. You might get away w/ slightly smaller w/ smaller saw and still be enough.
For independent tables, use the same idea on the legs -- counterbore holes and use a 1/4" plate on the bottoms for adjusting. I've seen folks just put a lag screw in the legs' end grain and adjust them...