Quiet Sump Pump Check Valve

Hi Everybody-
A year or two back I posted about how when my sump pump would shut off I would hear a very noticeable CLUNK. I thought it was related to the check valve I had. Turns out I was right. I had tried a Flo-tec and then a Zoeller check valve. Both were the same basic design and were 'clunkers'. Recently I just got a Campbell #B-0823-15C spring loaded check valve ($23 shipped from Acehardwareoutlet). It's great and now there is no 'clunk' whatsoever when the sump pump shuts down. Just wanted to give some feedback to the group in case anybody else is looking for a quiet check valve that works.
Another neat thing about it is that the body is clear so you can see inside the checkvalve.
Kevin
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 13, 7:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sounds good (pun intended). I personnally don't mind a gentle klunk, then I know my pump's working.
Add pictures here
✖

I can hear our "cluck" valve anywhere in the basement or 1st floor when it does it's thing. I'd like to give this a try but have never changed a check valve before. Does it just screw into the pump body?
Add pictures here
✖

Make that "clunk" valve.
Add pictures here
✖

No, it doesn't screw in to you existing pump. You need to glue in some union type fittings to your PVC. It's a little work but when you want to replace the valve it's really easy to just unscrew the hand nuts, pull out the old valve, replace it, and hand tighten the nuts again.
Add pictures here
✖