Question on water in basement

Hi,     I recently purchased an older home which has a basement made of rocks and limestone in between them. Whenever it rains we get water flowing down the sides of the rocks into the basement.... not a huge amount, but enough to form a small pool in the one section of the basement.     What can I do to help prevent this from happening? As it is limestone between the rocks I don't know that I have much in the way of sealing, but I'm sure someone must have some solutions.. and I'm open to try anything.
~ Matt
fix your outside drainage drainpipes gutters grading
Wayne

John Doe wrote:

Take a look around your home. Make sure the ground is graded away from your foundation in all directions. Make sure all the down spouts take the water a good distance from your home. That should take care of it. In any case that must be done first.
The next step, you will not like. You can't fix it from inside. It means digging all around the foundation.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math