Question about water softener

We recently used Clorox to decontaminate our well. Since then we've lost some water pressure. According to the plumber who was here for another reason, he said you often get a buildup in the water softener lines if chlorine is added to the well and your water has a lot of iron. Is there any way to clear the lines short of bringing in Culligan and is there a way to prevent this from happening if we need to do this to the well again? Pat Aussies in Shelters Dakota's Rescue Page

Reply to
AussieResc

This is part of the potential problems when shocking a well. Put the softener in by-pass and see if the problem dissapears. If so the upper diffuser and the bottom cone distributor may be blocked. Do a manual regenetaion and see if that helps. If not then call for service. If the softener has nothing to do with the problem, then you have aerators or somethng else blocked and it could be a stop valve or something blocking the inlet to the pump in the well.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser