Question about water pressure in relation to valve and feeder pipe diameters...

Page 5 of 5

Ken Moiarty wrote:

Increasing diameter increases flow, not pressure. Pressure is determined by head, or height of fixture relative to height of water source if no pumps are used. Increase pressure by having your town buy a new water tower.
Increasing to 3/4" would be useful for multiple showerhead fixtures.
Father Haskell wrote:

I hadn't mentioned it for simplicity's sake, but since you've brought this up, the idea of having multiple showerhead fixtures (actually, purchasing and installing one of those "super shower" systems) at some point in the near future, is also a consideration leading to my intentions here.