question about ceiling fan wiring

Hi, I have a mobile home and in the master bedroom I wanted to install a ceiling fan/light.
My problem is that there are 4 wires coming into the recessed ceiling recepticle (each with 4 black, white, and ground with the grounds being all twisted together).
When I tested them to see if I could find the correct circuit working with the light switch, only 1 of the black wires, when connected to any of the 4 white wires, made the tester light go on. If I turned off the wall switch, the same thing happened with this one black wire and any of the 4 white wires.
So there are 4 house wires (with a ground, white and black wire each, all wrapped in the white sheathing) that are coming out into the recessed ceiling receptical.
I removed the light fixture in another bedroom and saw the same type of group of wires all twisted together up in there but I didn't want to take them all apart but it did tell me that somehow, all of those wires are supposed to connect. What was puzzling to me as well was it looked like the black wires were grouped/connected together with one of the white wires.
I thought there would be just two wires to connect but found these 4 wires (each with positive negative and ground) and don't know how to connect them properly.
Can anyone tell me why it is like this or how to connect them together so that my switch will work and I can install my fan/light?
Thanks, Angus
One of the cables is the feed, one is the cable to and from the switch and the others are either bringing the feed to other locations or there is more than one light connected to the switch. In any case, don't concern yourself with any wires except those currently connected to the light fixture. One black, one white and one ground. Connect your fan to those wires.

Hi Thanks very much for the info. My problem is that I don't know which wires went to the light fixture that used to be there. It is only the wires and I don't know which ones are which. I had the black ones connected together and the white ones connected together because if I separated them, the lights in the kitchen and dining room went out. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

oops, registration, sorry. Did you ever figure out the answer? I have the identical situation in my mid-century split level. 4 wires (each with black, white, copper) coming into the same box. I know that I also saw one of the whites bundled off with at least 3 other blacks, prior to taking down the original fixture. I marked the wires with writing on masking tape but, predictably the ink ran on all...