Quality of zinc cabinet hardware?

I am looking for cabinet knobs and handles on the web. I see a lot of stuff made from zinc (often plated with brass). Is this a good material of should I be avoiding zinc.

Thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam99989

Solid brass would be better, but much more expensive. Lie most items, there will be good ones, some not so good ones.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Actually the stuff that lasts forever has multi coats of different materials. Usually it will say something like evaporative electro coating or something like that. Many layers so the inner coating electircally prevent the outer from corroding or tarnishing. My Hunter fans advertised that type of finish. Next choic would be solid brass.

Reply to
Art