Push rods Vangaurd 12.5 HP OHV

Hello all Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between the intake and exhaust push rods for the subject engine. They both seem about the same length but one appears as hollow with a hole in both ends. The parts listing shows a p/n 492229 for the intake one. The model/type is 260700/0117-02. The head was removed to reinstall the intake valve seat that popped loose. At the time of removal I didn't notice that there was a difference in push rods, only noticed it when I was about to install them. Seems the hollow push rod may have some function for transferring oil. Need to know which is the intake rod and which is the exhaust rod. Thanks,.......Jack
I will never cease to be amazed at the variations B&S has come out with in recent years. I didn't even know they had an OHV 12.5 hp engine.
But to your point, while I obviously am not at all familiar with this particular engine, the other, higher hp variations of their OHV single has used an aluminum push rod for the intake valve and a steel one for the exhaust, why, I have no idea since the aluminum one wears on the rub guide and eventually bends where it wears thin. Someone said heat dissipation but it is the exhaust that should be concerned with heat dissipation.
Oh, you could go to the B&S Webb site and look at the parts PDF. http://shop.briggsandstratton.com/BShopRepairPartsPage.asp?LRID=1&MECID0&CATALOGID9EC87CC-8003-4B08-ABB8-61BB0ADB5155
Walt Conner

http://shop.briggsandstratton.com/BShopRepairPartsPage.asp?LRID=1&MECID0&CATALOGID9EC87CC-8003-4B08-ABB8-61BB0ADB5155
Thanks for the reply, will use the aluminum one on the intake side. Jack....