Punctured volleyball?

A week or so ago we purchased a "water volleyball" (made in Thailand) at a local pool supply outlet. On it's inaugural run, the ball had an encounter with a pyrocantha bush resulting in a teeny tiny li'l puncture. Aforesaid TTLP has seriously retarded the ability of the ball to retain air at anything above atmospheric pressure.
Hakuna matata. Out comes the handy dandy bicycle tire repair kit and on goes a tube patch. I don't know what those clever little guys in Thailand are using for rubber, but a tire patch adheres to it about like a postage stamp would stick to a cube of butter.
Any suggests for a fix?
Buy a new one.. And this time make sure it isn't from Thiland and costs more than a $1.99

Have you learned the art of DUCT TAPE?? Works around my house. :-)
Sorry, couldn't be of more help.
rik
--

Padded room with a view
RWC3

Trim the bush, fill the ball with the foam that fixes flat tires. Dont hit the ball over 45 mph thereafter.
3M Marine Sealant will work, though it is maybe too expensive.