PTAC

I am planning to install a PTAC to heat and cool my 20x20 shop. Anyone have experience (good or bad) with the different manufacturers of these units? Frigidaire, GTE, Fedderer, Haier, Carrier, etc. Thanks.

Reply to
Dan-o

What's a PTAC?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

What's a PTAC?

Oh wait. I found it:

Sounds like a difficult tradeoff. Each government employee would provide about 300 Btu/h when at rest (most of the time), but they take up space, and they would require bathrooms, vending machines, computers, copiers, filing cabinets, and so on.

How about mounting a $69 window AC on a lazy susan and turning the warm side to the indoors for heat, with a space heater for very cold days?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Nick, PTAC = Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner PTHP = Packaged Terminal Heat Pump

This is the type of through the wall unit you commonly see in a motel.

Dan-o,

I have used GE, Carrier, Sanyo with good success. Stay away from AAF (American Air Filter) The other brands I have no experience with. Fedders made lousy split systems but I hear their window units are OK.

Probably a 9000 BTU unit would do if you have decent insulation, but I would recommend dong a load calculation first.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

Home Depots got the Honeywell Vision PRO 8000 too, but its not near the stat that I get from my supplier, for $75 more wholesale. The one that HD sells for $99 we get for less, sooooo.either you WANT humidistat controls, or you dont... They sell the FocusPRO 5000 too....and it TOO is not the same stat that we get from our suppliers. Got to love marketing.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Now that's funny!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Home Depot has the 11,500 BTU GE Zoneline Unit for $799.

That's about what I pay from my supplier!

Dr. Hardcrab