Problems with Lochinvar Knight Boiler

I want to tell others of the very bad service I have received from Lochinvar Knight boiler manufacturer and Fast Mechanical plumbing services in Calgary.
In May 2006 my wife and I spent $20,000.00 to have a Lochinvar Knight Boiler, model KNB285, and valve system Installed in our home by Fast Mechanical Limited of Calgary.
The only function of this equipment is to create hot water for bathing, dishes and for hydronic heating, and yet between October 1 and Dec 31 2006, I have documented more than 31 times when boiler has failed to produce ANY heat.
We have contacted the Fast Mechanical many times and they usually come to our home and attempt repairs fairly quickly but as of January 2007 they have refused to come out to our home when the boiler failed to make heat and they have never contacted us since to see if things are better or worse. Sadly neither cause nor permanent solution to the problem has ever been found. I have received no explanation for the inability to keep this unit producing heat and as such I am left to wonder if this is commonplace.
I wrote to Lochinvar on October 25 asking for assistance, they directed me to speak to installer, who chastised me for writing to parent company, but neither answered my questions about this unit or problems. Lochinvar has never made contact with me to see if problems persisted or were resolved. I do not have any written records for any work done at my home as none were supplied, even when requested.
My family depends on this unit for all of the heat in our home and so I am very dismayed by the failure of this equipment to do its job.
After many months it appears to me that installer had little knowledge of unit and the service expert sent out from Lochinvar was also unable to solve or explain the problems with this boiler. Further I suspect poor quality equipment and improper installation.
This boiler only seems to fail in really cold temperatures (-25* to -35* Celsius) or during windy conditions which is pretty much the description of winter on the prairies of Alberta.
I would not recommend Lochinvar/ Knight Boilers nor Fast Mechanical Services as we paid a lot of money and received equipment which does not do the job it was designed for and poor service.
Add pictures here
✖
boilertech77 had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Problems-with-Lochinvar-Knight-Boiler-208284-.htm : I'd like to tell you that installed properly, the knight boiler is one of the absolute best working, most efficient boilers ever. Installed properly, they are practically problem free. Apparently you got screwed by a company that didn't install it correctly, didn't know how to install it correctly and came back a few times really having no clue what was. If I saw a picture of it, I could tell you everything wrong with their installation. And as far as Lochinvar goes, It's not their responsibility to oversee installations on a boiler that they've sold. If it was defective, which is doubtful, your installer would have to go through his vendor to get it replaced. in other words, it works like this.. YOU---

blame again.
I don't know about Canada, but in the US we would deal with this problem by filing a claim against the contractor, in which you would receive compensation from the contractor's bond.
KNIGHT BOILERS=GOOD BAD INSTALLATION=NO GOOD
Boilers are the kind of equipment that people must really know what they are doing to know how to install. They are not like forced-air heat systems that can be slapped out fast by a $10/hr crew. A true boiler tech will spend hours designing and perfecting the system before he or she shows up at your house.
MJF wrote:

-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
boilertech77 had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Problems-with-Lochinvar-Knight-Boiler-208284-.htm : I'd like to tell you that installed properly, the knight boiler is one of the absolute best working, most efficient boilers ever. Installed properly, they are practically problem free. Apparently you got screwed by a company that didn't install it correctly, didn't know how to install it correctly and came back a few times really having no clue what was wrong. If I saw a picture of it, I could tell you everything wrong with their installation. And as far as Lochinvar goes, It's not their responsibility to oversee installations on a boiler that they've sold. If it was defective, which is doubtful, your installer would have to go through his vendor to get it replaced. in other words, it works like this.. YOU--->INSTALLER---->VENDOR--->MANUFACTURER. So again, we have your installer to blame.
I don't know about Canada, but in the US we would deal with this problem by filing a claim against the contractor, in which you would receive compensation from the contractor's bond.
KNIGHT BOILERS=GOOD BAD INSTALLATION=NO GOOD
Boilers are the kind of equipment that people must really know what they are doing to know how to install. They are not like forced-air heat systems that can be slapped out fast by a $10/hr crew. A true boiler tech will spend hours designing and perfecting the system before he or she shows up at your house.
MJF wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 7, 3:27 pm, jacob.h.fn.g_at_GMAIL_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (boilertech77) wrote:

Any particular reason you're replying to a 2 1/2 year old post, Sparky?
✖