Problems central air

The Blower fan on my A/C will not run in cool mode, but if I turn on the furnace it starts up fine.
Nosiris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

So something is broken -- could be the thermostat, could be the relay, could be the wiring, could be one of the motor windings (furnace blower is usually a different speed from AC blower). Get in there with a VOM and diagnose it, or get somebody who knows how.

I just replaced the thermostat so I know thats not what it is.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:52:58 -0700, Nosiris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

No, you don't.
Nosiris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That logic has caused a lot of frustration. The replacement could be bad or the wiring could be wrong.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Nosiris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

... assuming the new one isn't defective, that it is compatible with your system, and that you installed it properly