Problem with my central heat

Here's the problem I've been having. My heater comes on, but sometimes fails to blow warm air through the ducts and just blows cold air. I had a heater repair person out a month or so ago and he tapped around on a few wires, and it cycled on everytime we turned it on. Since then it has worked off and on, but you never know when it's going to work. The company only charged me $66.00, but he really did nothing to fix it, so I don't want to call them back, and will call someone else. Does anybody have an idea as to why it sometimes cycles on and heats, and sometimes just blows cold air? TIA
-- Cheri
see: http://www.misterfix-it.com/Solutions/5Air.html see: http://www.arnoldservice.com/Troubleshooting_Heating_Problems.htm see: http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html see: http://yourhome.honeywell.com/yourhome/Applications/Wizard/Wizard.aspx
Cheri wrote:

buffalobill wrote in message

Thanks, I'll check the links out. I'm calling someone else tomorrow, just wanted an idea or two.
Cheri
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:30:51 -0800, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Too many reasons to list. Hire someone that knows what they are doing.
http://www.thehvacmedic.com - All the free heating and air answers you want!
Gas.
-- Cheri

sometimes