Problem with Malibu lights

Some of the malibu light bulbs on the cable have burnt out (and some are working just fine). I tried replacing the bulbs but they still don't come on. So I thought I would just get new lights (fixtures) and plug them on to the cable. Guess what--- these lights don't turn on either. Anybody have any ideas? Why would some work and others not?

How about the battery inside of them?
Sennin wrote:

Using bulbs to large for the controller?
Is your cable buried? I have had a few cable connections come loose from the light fixture.
I would make sure you are making a solid connection before replacing everything.
NJTrout

Is it just the lights at the end of the run that are not working? Post a little more info.
Your power supply can only handle so many watts. Could you have used (or bought) the wrong size replacement?
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

some
and
on
not?
Post a

(or
The cable can't be burn't out because some lights work and some don't. It is the lights in the middle that don't turn on, not the end ones. I don't think it is a power supply problem because I have several lights out, therefore alot of the previous power is not being used.
Thanks.
clipped

I recall instructions in a Malibu product about replacing bulbs as soon as they burn out - remaining bulbs get too much watts? I only helped a friend with a couple of lights - hers had badly rusted connections in the fixtures. The little connector that punches into the cable could be rusted, as well. We live on salt water, so the rust problem here might be more frequent than elsewhere.
You have a bad connection somplace.
Take the bad lights and move them to where the good lights are and see what happens.
Your sockets are bad or your cable is bad.
Its not a power supply problem.
Mark