problem with in-sink aerator

Hello, We bought a house 5 years old and just now the in-sink aerator (badger 1, 1/3 HP) doesn't seem to be working. It makes a faint noise when the switch is turned on.
I checked the push button switch under the motor and pushed it in.
How should we diagnose this problem? It doesn't seem to be anything stuck down under the sink.
I also checked the fuses.
Thank you,
On 13 Nov 2003 08:12:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ragingbull.com (curious) wrote:

It is probably jammed by food particles.
But remove the rubber splash guard and look for spoons and other wondrous things ;-)
If not, then:
It should have an Allen wrench in an attached plastic pocket.
While un-powered, apply the Allen wrench to a socket on the bottom and rotate back and forth until free.
If it rotates freely, but still just buzzes when powered, motor is hosed, replace unit.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
Stan On 13 Nov 2003 08:12:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ragingbull.com (curious) wrote:

{Delete nospam for email}
Hi, Find a wrench and manually turn and free it up. (It fits into center, bottom of motor shaft) It may have greased up or jammed. Never pour hot water when using it. Only cold water. Good luck, Tony