Price of gas

Looking at the traffic jam I was in this morning, I'd say pretty much everybody can afford it.

People spend $4 on a cup of coffee, $50+/month on a cell phone they probably don't NEED, so I don't think an extra $10-$20 per tank matters a whole lot to most people.

Reply to
larrybud2002

Don't matter to me. And i'm a gas pig. 2 cars on road, '68 mustang in the garage, boat, quad, skidoo, chainsaw, lawnmover, gererator and weed eater. I just quit smoking and saved $280.00 a month - more than offsets the gas price increase. And when it drops back down - time to buy the Rv. Can't complain about the price of gas - but you can cut back in other areas. Just read the pentagon is the largest consumer of oil (fuel) in the world today. Apparently what it burns in fuel in a year in iraq can run the public transit system in the USA for 10-14 years. Thats a lot of fuel friends.

Reply to
robson

Description (Edit, Add Photo) So, who can afford it any more? Where's the expensive stuff, what's the price where you are? Who's doing this to us? Sound off!

Stormin Mormon

It's $2.95 - $3.05 here in the Silicon Valley. We drive 2 cars and it hurts. I don't have a choice about driving the kids to school ect, I just try to group things together. As for lawn equipment, we use electric - easy to use and no gas!

Reply to
dancingmommy

I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower, weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc. We cut back on restaurants and decided not to attend the county fair this year to make up the cost difference. Around here it's $2.65.

Reply to
Phisherman

Around here in South Kona, Hawaii island, today it is $3.92 for unleaded regular, at the closest gas station, and $3.23 at far away and cheapest COSTCO but then we had a gas cap which went into effect September 1 and our lovely legislators thought it would help us because it would average, East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast, and then ours would somehow be calculated on that.They never figured on the Katrina calculation. No one is happy in Hawaii about the nasty gas cap.

aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yesterday I paid $3.29....WTF !!! Pasar

Reply to
Pasar

Sure you can, you just choose not to. Not that they take a tremendous amount of gas anyway.

Let the grass grow a little longer, rake instead of blowing the leaves. Chainsaw probably not as you still have to cut.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

and its free

Reply to
robson

Fear not, the savings you thought you had will only be shifted to the electric bill unless you're lucky enough to be served by a nuclear fueled power plant.

Reply to
Jim

snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Electric isn't free. Plus it only is good for a small yard.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

On Sat 17 Sep 2005 03:49:17a, RobertPatrick wrote in alt.home.repair:

Or a very short drive. Buying long extension cords can be expensive.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Bet your neighbors just love seeing your old lady's parachutes hanging out there to dry...

Reply to
G Henslee

Yup, lots of gas saving alternatives for those who want to find them. Even trees can be dropped and cleaned up with a good bowsaw and/or axe, and a bit of time.

Mind you I've seen people who can't do their laundry when the dryer breaks. And can't think about just drying stuff on a rope in the backyard or balcony.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

This rope drying technique that you speak of. Is this something learned then forgotten by man thousands of years ago?

phil

Reply to
PHILIPWOLF

Reply to
William Brown

Yes, I've read that the only new electric supply plants they are building run on natural gas, and I just got a notice from my supplier that my cost for natural gas is going up about 60% at the end of October.

Reply to
William Brown

That's a stretch, but there has been a shift to gas over the period since Algor started the push against coal...this is beginning to shift back again somewhat.

Local utilities here have announced the construction of two new coal-fired plants.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth