Price of gas

Description (Edit, Add Photo) So, who can afford it any more? Where's the expensive stuff, what's the price where you are? Who's doing this to us? Sound off!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Looking at the traffic jam I was in this morning, I'd say pretty much everybody can afford it.
People spend $4 on a cup of coffee, $50+/month on a cell phone they probably don't NEED, so I don't think an extra $10-$20 per tank matters a whole lot to most people.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Don't matter to me. And i'm a gas pig. 2 cars on road, '68 mustang in the garage, boat, quad, skidoo, chainsaw, lawnmover, gererator and weed eater. I just quit smoking and saved $280.00 a month - more than offsets the gas price increase. And when it drops back down - time to buy the Rv. Can't complain about the price of gas - but you can cut back in other areas. Just read the pentagon is the largest consumer of oil (fuel) in the world today. Apparently what it burns in fuel in a year in iraq can run the public transit system in the USA for 10-14 years. Thats a lot of fuel friends.
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:03:52 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

I can't cut back on gasoline used in my mowers, tiller, leaf blower, weedeater, chipper shredder, chainsaw, etc. We cut back on restaurants and decided not to attend the county fair this year to make up the cost difference. Around here it's $2.65.

the
Around here in South Kona, Hawaii island, today it is $3.92 for unleaded regular, at the closest gas station, and $3.23 at far away and cheapest COSTCO but then we had a gas cap which went into effect September 1 and our lovely legislators thought it would help us because it would average, East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast, and then ours would somehow be calculated on that.They never figured on the Katrina calculation. No one is happy in Hawaii about the nasty gas cap.
aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Yesterday I paid $3.29....WTF !!! Pasar

Sure you can, you just choose not to. Not that they take a tremendous amount of gas anyway.
Let the grass grow a little longer, rake instead of blowing the leaves. Chainsaw probably not as you still have to cut.
It's $2.95 - $3.05 here in the Silicon Valley. We drive 2 cars and it hurts. I don't have a choice about driving the kids to school ect, I just try to group things together. As for lawn equipment, we use electric - easy to use and no gas!
dancingmommy wrote:

and its free
snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote in

Electric isn't free. Plus it only is good for a small yard.
On Sat 17 Sep 2005 03:49:17a, RobertPatrick wrote in alt.home.repair:

Or a very short drive. Buying long extension cords can be expensive.
--
Wayne Boatwright **
dancingmommy wrote:

Fear not, the savings you thought you had will only be shifted to the electric bill unless you're lucky enough to be served by a nuclear fueled power plant.
Jim wrote:

Yes, I've read that the only new electric supply plants they are building run on natural gas, and I just got a notice from my supplier that my cost for natural gas is going up about 60% at the end of October.

William Brown wrote:

That's a stretch, but there has been a shift to gas over the period since Algor started the push against coal...this is beginning to shift back again somewhat.
Local utilities here have announced the construction of two new coal-fired plants.
wrote in message

Yup, lots of gas saving alternatives for those who want to find them. Even trees can be dropped and cleaned up with a good bowsaw and/or axe, and a bit of time.
Mind you I've seen people who can't do their laundry when the dryer breaks. And can't think about just drying stuff on a rope in the backyard or balcony.
AMUN
Amun wrote:

Bet your neighbors just love seeing your old lady's parachutes hanging out there to dry...
This rope drying technique that you speak of. Is this something learned then forgotten by man thousands of years ago?
phil
When I left Cleveland yesterday morning, regular unleaded was $2.55. I decided to chance it. When I got to Columbus OH it was $2.67. You win some, you lose some.