Pressure washing of concrete, any problems

Are there any problems to worry about when pressure washing concrete? Will concrete be damaged? Are chemicals, clorox, for example, something of concern?

Reply to
chuck

Pressure washing concrete should not damage it. If it does, then the concrete was damaged in the first place. Keep acids off concrete, bleach is fine.

Reply to
Phisherman

Really pay attention to the part where you're told not to leave the chemicals on the concrete until they dry ;->

I used one of the spinning rotary nozzles the last time I did my sidewalk. Worked a trick.

Best Regards,

Tim ==

Reply to
xpanmanx

Addiction.

I rented one of the really powerful units to do my walks, which were all full of algae & were slippery when wet. The results were so dramatic that I'd doubt I'll go six months between rentals anymore.

Reply to
Robert A. Barr

Hi,

Clorox is chlorine and very high PPM of chlorine. Chlorine is not really dangerous to concrete but it leaves a white film on it if you don't get it all out. Believe it or not a good all purpose cleaner of anykind cuts the grease fairly good and is cheap to use and safe. Wear safety goggles!

work safe, candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

Depending on why you're pressure washing, a light bleach solution is often used to kill algae and mildew. There are commercial cleaners available, check your local hardware store or Lowe's/Home Depot.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Chuck,

I've pressure washed dirty concrete paving and also dirty asbestos roof sheets. The pressure washing does remove a thin film of concrete or asbestos in my experience. Not a lot is removed probably, I just wouldn't do it too frequently. The wear finish surface for concrete is often quite thin and you might abrade it all away with the high pressure water.

Ross

Reply to
RMD