Prep work for new microwave

The microwave is arriving in a few days so I downloaded the Whirlpool installation instructions from the web.
I'll be using a 3.5x10 rectangular vent through the wall. The instructions say to cut a 4x12 hole in the drywall for said vent. There is (of course) a stud along the edge so I can only make it 4x10.5 hole. Question: Is there "slop" in the microwave exhaust that allows for the vent to be off to the side a little? thx

Can't speak for the Whirlpool, but I've installed two OTR units and neither had any way of moving the vent. You'd have to use an offset piece of duct.