Power wash pressure

Hello all,

I have a cedar deck for 2 years and would like to clean and stain deck and railings. It's has some mold and is a bit dirty. What is the recommeded PSI for cleaning a cedar deck. Also, can anyone recommend a good stain?

Mike D

Reply to
Mike Del

Pressure isn't a good basis for judgemtn, since the width of the tip and distance from the wood are a major component. Think of it this way, the higher the pressure, the wider a span you can do and the faster the job will go.

Keep in mind that a good pressure washing often raises the wood grain, and you may want to run a belt sander with a medium/fine grit belt over the surface to take it back down. Test an out of the way area first.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

It depends on if you buying the pressure washer or renting. Any pressure washer would do fine. It beats scrubing with a deck brush thousand times.

The price diff between a 1400p and over 2000p is too huge to justify buying the 2000p to save a half hour once every two years.

Oil stain is better than latex. Berh (Home Depot brand) is bad.

I highly recommend a speed pad with a long hand over a big heavy brush.

Reply to
Karen