POS furnace -> what is "POS" ? (old furnace lingo)

Some HVAC guys use the term "POS" when referring to (I think) old NG furnaces with exposed burners and continuously-lit pilot lights.
I think the acronym has something to do with the pilot light, but I'm not sure.
Anyone know what the "POS" acronym stands for?

Piece of Shit.
Cheri

I think the reason the "pros" don't like those old furnaces is that while they might not be "efficient" they run "forever." The replacement parts are dirt cheap and the furnaces often go 10 to 20 years without requiring service.
The "new" stuff (variable speed blowers, electronic ignition control, etc.) often has a failure requiring a service call every few years.
Pilot Operating Sequencer.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"Some Guy" < snipped-for-privacy@Guy.com> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@Guy.com...
Stormin Mormon wrote in message

Mine called mine a POS and he meant piece of shit. :-)
Cheri
On Nov 2, 10:21 pm, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Have heard of the term and have forgotten it will find for you, Tobad Google does'nt do something about the children on this site .
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 20:13:38 -0400, Some Guy wrote:

It's a gay term: Piss On Someguy
--
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit
the target."