Porch light install question - additional info

Regarding my earlier question about a mounting plate that is too large, the holes that are for mounting the light to the plate line up directly with the mounting holes in the box. I wonder if I could just mount the light directly to the box using these holes. The light is designed to have the plate mounted separately to the box using two screws and then the light to the plate using two more. The light is fairly heavy but by no means the heaviest available.

Thanks for earlier responses and in advance for this.

Reply to
postacct

Whatever works.

Reply to