Poorly door seal

Ok, I'll probably think this is a mistake later on tonight, but I wan

to replace a torn rubber door seal on my zanussi FJ 1214 washin machine.

I've got a new seal but my manual doesn't address how to fit it. So after taking an outer hard plastic ring off that was holding the ol one in place this morning, it still seemed to be fixed to something.

The clothes basket is over flowing and I'm getting worried.

Any ideas, secret buttons I have to press first?

Regards

Chri

-- imyourboss

Reply to
imyourboss

On 12/6/2004 10:12 AM US(ET), imyourboss took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Look at the new one. Does the side that attaches to the door have any indication of how it may be attached? Is there a groove around the seal, both on the inside and outside, near the end that attaches to the washer? If so, it may just fit into a lipped channel. Pull the old one out and see how it is attached. If it is in a lipped channel, you may have to apply a lubricant to squeeze the new one into the channel. If glued, you'll have to glue the new one in. Probably a silicone adhesive. It may employ both methods.

Reply to
willshak