Pool Table Repair

I just finished reassembling my pool table after months of having it sit waiting for new flooring. I got the base reconstructed, put the slate on the base, shimmed, and put the screws in the slate to hold it to the base. I can sit a ball anywhere on the table, and it doesn't roll.
It is a three piece slate. I need to find what to use to spread over the joints and fill the screw holes. A fellow suggested a product called "Rock Hard", but I can't find it. I don't know if it's something you would find at a pool table shop, or at the borg. It needs to dry hard and be sandable. It will take very little wear, and be covered by felt.
Any ideas?
Steve
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Durham's Water Putty. it has "rock hard" right on the label.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
SteveB wrote:

The usual...Bondo. Durham's Water Putty is basically plaster. Bondo is talc in polyester resin. Both sand easily, Bondo will be harder (more dense) and probably stick better.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I've always used wax. Melt in double boiler, poor into joints (tape the edges) and holes. Wait until it sets. slice off excess with razor blade. This is what the pro's who first installed it used.
HTH,
Paul F.

3rd time is a charm Paul is correct - Wax.
On 7/30/2008 10:46 AM SteveB spake thus:

I think you're thinking of something called "Rockite", a box of which I have sitting before me. It's basically a very strong cementitious grout, made for anchoring stuff and patching. Got mine, oh, about 25 years ago, so I have no idea where to get it, though the Borg may have it. ('Twas made by someone called Hartline Products in Cleveland, OH.)

Have to go with a previous poster .. use melted wax.
Durham's rock hard water putty. The best product for the task.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .