poly pipe into crawlspace

I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had. Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
stryped

No. It doesn't.

Use whatever the hell it takes to get the job done. Damn, dude. You spend five hours asking how to do a one-hour repair. Repeatedly.

Ever heard of paint? Did it occur to you to go to a _different_ store and get plastic or brass fittings instead? Did it occur to you that any steel fitting DESIGNED FOR CONTACT WITH WATER just possibly might ALREADY HAVE a rust-resistant coating? (Hint: that's how you tell the difference between steel gas pipe and water pipe.)

Sheesh.

Stryped, the best and smartest thing you could do for yourself would be to buy a copy of the Reader's Digest Complete Do-it-Yourself Manual, and read it cover to cover.

Doug Miller

No, I'm confused. A picture would probably help a lot. Post one using space your isp gives you or at one of those free photo sites. Also need to know where you are geographically, depth won't matter in miami but sure as hell will in montana.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Unless there's something far different than what I'm imagining, you should run the hole thru the foundation wall under grade and come up inside instead of outside (assuming this is water, not gas). Else't you're going to have a freeze problem.

The ditch is deep enough to satisfy local codes on both frost line and hazard protection, right? I thought so...

--

Reply to
dpb

Oh you live in south Florida you are fine. What is code on freeze depth, im about 3ft in Zone 5, so I guess a bit below grade grade is southern Florida, ive had squirrels eat my hose for water.

Reply to
ransley

If I am understanding what you obviously don't, you are trying to roll the plastic up out of the ditch in too tight of a curve. God makes right angle fittings that work well with the pipe. Once you are into the crawl space, install an el and bring the pipe up where you need it. It would be a good place to change to whatever material you will be using inside. I would install a shut off outside below frost line that would let you isolate the garage if need be. It might be nice to be able to drain the garage lines if things are prone to freezing.

Reply to
DanG

That sounds painful!

Jon