Pocket doors

I've been asked to install a pocket door and it's been a few years since I've done so. I remember the framing being rather poorly made, and the hardware for the doors not the best. Is it possible to get decent quality frames and hardware? Are there companies that will ship?
The opening I need it for it 2'2"
Charles
In article

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/pdindex.htm
John
"

Any experience with them?
charels
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:48:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.netttt (Charles Bishop) wrote:

The johnson was recommended to me by the carpenters who installed it. Also by my good friend at the lumber yard who sold it. They all said it was the best one to have.
In article

I have several apartments with bi-fold closet doors and all I could find for replacement hardware was cheap Tiawan crap. Even the Stanley stuff was a disappointment.
These people market top quality stuff at a reasonable price and their service of online orders is terrific. If you ever have a problem with an order or a missing piece the are quick to respond.
My only relationship with the company is that of a satisfied customer.
John
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 02:19:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.netttt (Charles Bishop) wrote:

After good hardware, the best improvement you can make is to use a solid core door instead of hollow. It will feel more solid, block sound better, slide smoother, and just give what is usually a compromise solution a quality feel.
HTH,
Paul

Thanks all. I went to the website and found that a couple of the Home Depots close by carry them, though I don't know if they have them in stock or can order them. I'm going to go with them, and use a solid door, unless the customer wants a panel door.
--
charles