Carrier Performance series vs. Ruud Achiever series home AC?

My wife and I are choosing between the Carrier Performance series and Ruud Achiever series AC units for our home. Is there any appreciable difference between the two? The Carrier unit would end up being several hundred dollars higher. The Ruud condensing unit seems to have a better shell for protection. Otherwise, we're not sure.

Any comments, advice, experiences appreciated!

Reply to
Airkings

I sell Rheem, a cousion to Ruud.

I like the value of Ruud, especially when compared to Carrier or a certian choo-choo brand. Ruud/Rheem doesn't have enormous marketing costs built into the cost of the unit, for one....

Reply to
HeatMan