Plumbing problem: toilet won't fill and shower pressure low.

It's weird. My house is only about 2.5 years old. Water pressure is just fine in the rest of the house but not in my daughters bathroom, and only for the toilet and shower. The sink is working fine. The toilet reservoir won't fill and the shower water pressure is low and I'm left scratching my, er, head. Suggestions, observations, pointless comments anyone?
--
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
Stoic wrote:

I'll bet some "gunk" (technical term) has gotten in the lines. Whatever it is chose the toilet and shower to settle in.
Try removing the shower head and see how the flow from the pipe is. (Or just clean the head.) If there is good flow there now, you'll have to take the toilet ballcock apart to clean. How you do that depends on the model/mfr.
Jim
Sometimes the "gunk" consists of fragments of a cutoff valve.

Sometimes in construction debris, normally pea gravel gets in the lines. If the water pressure is poor after the shower head is removed then you'll need to remove the shower valve internals and flush. The toilet will require removal of the stem and flush, if it is gravel.