Plate question for closet built on concrete slabs

I am building a closet in my family room which has a concrete slab floor (on ground level) covered with linoleum tiles (think 1960). Do I need to use pressure treated 2x4 for the bottom plates? Thanks for any ideas.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On top of the linoleum tile PT plates are really not necessary. As long as there's no history of moisture seeping up through the floor or frequent mini-floods from inattention to laundry sink blockage or some such. Having said that, would I use PT plates? Probably.
The major disdvantage nowadays is the ACQ chemicals used in PT lumber. It's much more corrosive to standard fasteners and you should use either stainless steel, epoxy-coated or galvanized fasteners that specifically list their suitability for ACQ contact.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Need? No. At least assuming that the slab is dry under all conditions.
But for the difference in price between untreated and treated it certainly shouldn't break the budget if it makes you feel better to use treated and down the line somebody may well thank you for your foresight.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]